Michael Bay: 'I Apologize For Armageddon'

michael bay

"I would redo the entire third act if I could," Bay admitted.

Director Michael Bay has been nominated for four Razzie Awardsfor his work behind-the-camera on films like "Pearl Harbor," "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" and "Transformers: Dark of the Moon."

But there's one film that even Bay is sorry you had to pay to see.

In arecent profilein the MiamiHerald, Bay explains what went wrong on his least-favorite film he has done:

I will apologize forArmageddon. We had to do the whole movie in 16 weeks. It was a massive undertaking. That was not fair to the movie. I would redo the entire third act if I could. But the studio literally took the movie away from us. It was terrible. My visual effects supervisor had a nervous breakdown, so I had to be in charge of that. I called James Cameron and asked What do you do when youre doing all the effects yourself? But the movie did fine.

armageddon

www.imdb.com

"Armageddon" is about a misfit team of deep core drillers who are recruited by NASA to save Earth from an asteroid.

Despite Bay wanting to re-do parts of the 1998 film starring Bruce Willis, Ben Affleck and Liv Tyler, audiences ate it up.

"Armageddon" went on to gross nearly $554 million worldwide. With a production budget of $140 million and $414 million profit, we'd say Bay is still sitting pretty despite any creative differences.

Bay's latest film "Pain & Gain" about a trio of bodybuilders in Florida who get caught up in an extortion ring and a kidnapping scheme that goes terribly wrong opens in theaters this Friday.

More From Business Insider


Comments